Whether you're a complete beginner or an experienced musician looking to take your playing to another level, private lessons provide the opportunity to get the personal attention that is beneficial to your growth as a musician.
Lessons are scheduled weekly, for 30, 45 or 60 minutes, and are available every day of the week at our Lincoln Square and Lincoln Park locations. Our experienced and professional faculty will work with you to develop an individualized program that helps you achieve your musical goals.
Our private lessons like our group classes run in 8-week sessions (see below for registration dates), however, you can begin private lessons during any week in the session. Please call our customer service folks at 773.728.6000 to register as private lesson availability is based upon individual teacher schedules.
Call customer service at 773.728.6000 (10AM - 4PM) to register.
- $296 for eight weeks of 30-minute lessons (member price $286);
- $424 for eight weeks of 45-minute lessons (member price $409);
- $544 for eight weeks of 60-minute lessons (member price $524)
- Registration for students continuing in their time slot: JULY 20 – AUGUST 2
- Registration for current students transferring to a new day, time, or teacher: AUGUST 3 & 4
- Registration for all unclaimed lesson times open to all: AUGUST 5
- Registration for students continuing in their time slot: SEPTEMBER 21 – OCTOBER 4
- Registration for current students transferring to a new day, time, or teacher: OCTOBER 5 & 6
- Registration for all unclaimed lesson times open to all: OCTOBER 7
Lessons Offered In:
Lessons in the 8-week session from AUGUST 31 – OCTOBER 25
Lessons in the 8-week session from OCTOBER 26 – DECEMBER 20
Private Lesson Procedures and Policies
Due to the dynamic nature of our private lesson program and to foster the best fit between student and teacher, all of our registration happens over the phone. Call 773.728.6000 to register.
Credits & RefundsFull refunds or full School credits are available until 48 hours before your first lesson begins. If you call or stop in to cancel your registration 24 hours before your third lesson begins, a partial pro-rated class credit can be given. If you have had 3 lessons or it is less than 24 hours before your third lesson, no School credit is available.
Missed Lessons, Cancellations and Make-Up Lessons
Student Missed/Canceled Lessons — There are no refunds or credits for lessons missed by the student. This includes any and all religious, bank, and government holidays for which the Old Town School remains open. Click here for the School calendar.
Teacher Missed/Canceled Lessons — In the event a teacher cancels or misses a lesson and is not able to schedule a make-up lesson, the student will receive a credit for the missed lesson.
Rescheduling and/or make-up lessons are not the policy of the Old Town School of Folk Music. An individual teacher may elect to offer a make-up lesson due to an extenuating circumstance, however this is completely at the discretion of the teacher and is subject to teacher schedule and space availability.