Provide strategic direction for unrestricted and project specific gifts from key prospects. Manage a personal portfolio of donors/prospects with the capacity to make gifts in the five- and six-figure range. Establish ambitious revenue goals and implement effective strategies to achieve success at the major gift level. Work closely with the Director of Institutional Advancement, School leadership and colleagues to maximize and capture donor giving potential.
Bachelor's degree required. 5-7+ years of proven achievement in non-profit fundraising program. Demonstrated experience in strategy development, project management, and success in the cultivation and solicitation of gifts of five- and six figures using a moves management system required. Demonstrated comprehensive campaign experience required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, and have experience using database systems, with prior experience using Raiser's Edge software strongly preferred. Must demonstrate creative thinking, problem-solving, and team-building skills. Prior experience working with senior executives and boards of directors is required.
In partnership with the Director of Institutional Advancement and development colleagues, develop and implement annual and special initiative fundraising and program strategy goals to capture and maximize the giving potential of Old Town School of Folk Music donors and prospects.
- Build and manage a portfolio of approximately 100 donors/prospects with giving potential of five figures or higher following effective moves management processes from qualification to stewardship.
- Actively engage the CEO, Director of Institutional Advancement, board, program staff, and other high-level donors/volunteers in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of gift prospects.
- In partnership with development colleagues, identify and package a robust portfolio of funding opportunities and implement effective prospect management strategies to build a sustainable donor pipeline.
- Provide staff support for appropriate campaign and donor committees.
- Oversee and ensure integrity of regular reporting on goal achievement to demonstrate progress, identify areas of concern, and revise strategies as needed, including effective budget management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Exceptional leadership, planning, and organizing skills. Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to discern and respond to donor interests to meet both donor and institutional goals. Ability to successfully motivate, engage and interact with senior leadership, board members, high level donors and volunteers. Ability to build strong, collaborative partnerships with peers in a fast-paced, team-based environment. Ability to relate to diverse groups of people. A commitment to, and ability to effectively convey, the School's mission with genuine passion, and the willingness to continually learn about the programs and mission.
If interested and qualified, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.