Old Town School is seeking a creative and entrepreneurial Program Manager for Children's Music and Arts Camps.
The Program Manager – Children's Music Education and Arts Camps, oversees the quality and implementation of the comprehensive curricula in the categories of drumming, fiddle, ensembles, guitar, piano, ukulele, visual art and voice for children, and the coordination of summer camp programs at all Old Town School campuses and in satellite locations where required.
This includes establishing and achieving goals for new student enrollment and student retention, establishing and monitoring curriculum, ensuring quality faculty and staff, coaching and managing faculty and staff to success, and monitoring student satisfaction.
- Bachelor's degree in Music Education, Elementary Education, or Early Childhood Education required, along with two or more years' experience teaching music to children. Two or more years of program management experience required. Experience with camp programming preferred. Experience with multiple teaching groups preferred. Proficiency on one or more of the instruments supervised required.
- Must be able to lead successfully in a highly collaborative environment.
- Must be an effective communicator in verbal, electronic, and written forms, and have experience working with diverse groups.
- Must be computer capable including Mac skills and Google Suite.
Summary of Duties:
- Works with Marketing team, faculty, and students to ensure programs meet enrollment objectives (attracting new students and retaining existing students).
- Establishes and monitors curriculum goals and objectives (classes, summer camp, and special events for children and families) for assigned program areas.
- Works with faculty to build a robust class catalog that aligns with student interests and needs, offers an appropriate number of classes in core and specialty subjects, and minimizes class cancellations due to low enrollment.
- Works with faculty to develop classes and activities that maximize student learning and provide a consistently positive Old Town School community experience.
- Hires, trains, schedules, and supervises faculty and staff for assigned program areas including development of new class and workshop initiatives. Plans and facilitates faculty and staff training and meetings for assigned program areas. Enters teacher and accompanist substitutions and special events into payroll log.
- Evaluates faculty and staff performance on an ongoing basis. Develops faculty and staff professionally, and acts as a liaison between faculty and Old Town School of Folk Music leadership.
- Partners with colleagues on events, faculty/staff issues, and promotions.
- Manages customer service requests, comments, and complaints from parents of students and campers. Counsels student families on classes and appropriate levels of study.
- Maintenance of assigned programs in the Filemaker system to include:
- Scheduling rooms for classes, workshops, recitals, and showcases.
- Managing computer program entries for scheduling, describing, canceling, and changing offerings.
- Schedules, coordinates, and emcees program performances including room reservations, lighting and sound technician, and volunteers.
- Coordinates the facility and set-up needs for assigned program areas.
- Monitors maintenance and equipping of classrooms. Assesses equipment, books, music, props, and materials and researches necessary purchases.
- Makes recommendations for supporting materials to the school store and Resource Center.
- Other duties as assigned.
If interested and qualified, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.