The Old Town School of Folk Music is seeking a talented leader to manage, grow and develop its prominent guitar, bass, songwriting, music theory, and ensemble programs.
The Program Manager – Guitar, Bass, Songwriting, Music Theory, and Ensembles oversees the quality and implementation of the comprehensive curricula for our renowned adult programs at all Old Town School campuses and in satellite locations where required.
This includes establishing and achieving goals for new student enrollment and student retention, establishing and monitoring curriculum, ensuring quality faculty and staff, coaching and managing faculty and staff to success, and monitoring student satisfaction.
- Works with internal teams (Education, Marketing, and Customer Service), faculty and students to drive program enrollment objectives. Develops innovative programs to attract new students and retain existing students.
- Establishes and monitors curriculum goals and objectives (classes and workshops) for assigned program areas.
- Works with faculty to build a robust class catalog that aligns with student interests and needs, offers an appropriate number of classes in core and specialty subjects, and minimizes class cancellations due to low enrollment.
- Works with faculty to develop classes and activities that maximize student learning and provide a consistently positive Old Town School community experience.
- Hires, trains, schedules, and supervises faculty and staff for assigned program areas including development of new class and workshop initiatives. Plans and facilitates faculty and staff training and meetings for assigned program areas. Enters teacher and accompanist substitutions and special events into payroll log.
- Evaluates faculty and staff performance on an ongoing basis. Develops faculty and staff professionally, and acts as a liaison between faculty and Old Town School of Folk Music leadership.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Music Education or equivalent experience required, along with two or more years of experience teaching guitar to adults. Broad knowledge of bass guitar, songwriting, music theory, and mixed ensemble direction preferred. Two or more years of program management experience strongly preferred. Experience with supervising teachers preferred.
- Must be able to lead successfully in a highly collaborative environment.
- Must be an effective communicator in verbal, electronic, and written forms, and have experience working with diverse groups.
- Must be computer capable including Mac and/or PC skills. Familiarity with Google Suite and Filemaker Pro helpful.
- Must be committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as ongoing personal growth in these areas.
- Must be available to work flexible hours including night and weekend hours. May travel to other local facilities or satellite locations.
If interested and qualified, please email resume to email@example.com