Part-time: June 17 - August 2, 2019
The Old Town School of Folk Music seeks one Arts Mentor for Teen Arts Camp at our 4545 N. Lincoln Avenue location. The Arts Mentors will attend three days of training and will then be responsible for helping guide the campers through the 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM camp day, Monday through Friday, for six weeks. Under supervision of the Camp Coordinator and Camp Leader, the Arts Mentors help lead and oversee day-to-day activities, lead the entire group in transitions, and act as both a point person for teachers and as a liaison for parents. The Arts Mentors help oversee arrival and departure of campers, aid in ensuring safety of the group, collaborate on a variety of arts-based projects with Camp Leader and campers, communicate with the teaching team and the camp families, and help organize the three end-of-camp performance showcases.
- At least two years experience leading 12-15 year olds in activities, such as those at a camp or school, including communicating with student’s parents.
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure and be able to solve problems as they arise.
- Must be enthusiastic, energetic, and have excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- A background in the arts is essential.
- Proficiency with technology, especially with iPads, iMovie editing, and Google Drive, are required.
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree in arts or arts education, and should be extremely comfortable managing teens.
- Organization, leadership, and a dedication to one’s work community are all necessary.
- A serious commitment to and passion for working with teens is absolutely essential.
If interested and qualified, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due Date: March 1, 2019
Please also note: the review of summer camp resumes and applications will begin in early March of 2019. Please do not expect a reply before that time. Please, no phone calls.