The Old Town School of Folk Music seeks a dedicated arts professional to develop and manage educational partnerships outside the School’s regular offerings, primarily in the Chicago Public Schools. Reporting to our Deputy Director, the manager’s portfolio will include artist-in-residence, fee-for-service, and field trip programs. Programs incorporate relevant arts learning standards, institution-specific requirements, and best practices for serving diverse school-based student populations.
- Manages relationships with partner schools, including school administration and partner-school teachers.
- Hires and trains teaching artists.
- Coordinates school schedules with partner-school teachers and teaching artists.
- Works with partner-school teachers to develop curricula that incorporate learning standards.
- Attends classroom sessions throughout the year to support best practices and observation.
- Contributes to and maintains program budgets. Works with schools to assess funding and to help process billing and invoices.
- Implements comprehensive program evaluation, including distribution and analysis of assessment rubrics from teaching artists, partner-school teachers, and students.
- Contributes to grant proposals and reports, including narrative content, evaluation results, and budget reports.
- Generates content for marketing and support material, including annual brochure/catalog of residency options and other materials as needed.
- 3+ years experience managing teaching and educational programs is required.
- Familiarity with Chicago Public Schools arts programming and administration is highly preferred.
- Degree in Arts/Education preferred.
- Must be highly organized with excellent communication, leadership, and presentation skills.
- Must be able to visit off-site locations.
- Bi-lingual Spanish helpful.
If interested and qualified, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.