The Old Town School of Folk Music seeks a Program Manager to supervise a variety of adult group music classes, including but not limited to: banjo, fiddle, mandolin, piano, ukulele, and violin. Will also manage teen music classes, coordinating the programming and development of teen initiatives in other programs of the school (visual art, dance, and teen community development).
Examples of Duties:
- Hires, trains, and supervises teachers for adult and teen group music classes. Provides orientation for new faculty in department.
- Schedules teachers for assigned group music classes. Enters and manages class information in computer systems and OTSFM website.
- Manages room scheduling for assigned group classes.
- Schedules and coordinates student showcases for assigned group classes.
- Processes bi-weekly faculty payroll and monitors student account credits. Enters teacher substitutions for group classes into payroll processing system.
- Assists with Education Department events, including workshops, socials and others.
- Prepares and submits copy for marketing materials related to assigned group classes.
- Conducts department teacher meetings.
- Develops and revises curriculum for adult and teen classes.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Education, Arts, or Arts Administration required.
- Two years experience teaching music required.
- Experience supervising other teachers desired and experience in arts administration/management is also highly desired.
- Bilingual Spanish ability is preferred, but not required.
- Must be computer capable including Mac and PC skills.
If interested and qualified, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.