Position summary: Program Coordinator – Arts & Community Wellness is the point person on location for our programs on the South and West sides of Chicago. This position works closely with partners and community stakeholders to develop and maintain the program requirements.
- Assists Program Manager with general administrative tasks, including reporting of teaching artist hours for payroll and administering program assessment tools.
- Works with and maintains relationships with assigned partner community programs, including community-based staff and participating teachers.
- Assists with culminating events, as needed.
- Contributes to the ongoing training and management of teaching artists.
- Organizes, distributes, and maintains inventory of instruments and support materials.
- Coordinates planning and design of Summer Institute.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related area or equivalent work experience.
- Must be able to multitask and work independently.
- Youth arts teaching experience is desired but not required, and some management or supervisory experience is preferred.
- Must have excellent administrative, computer, communication skills, initiative and confidence in problem solving.
- Experience with grant writing and management preferred.
- Conference coordination skills desired.
- Proficiency with Google Suite and social media required.
- Deeply connected to South side communities and familiarity with the West side communities of Chicago.
- Commitment to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as ongoing personal growth in these areas.
- Must be able to travel to visit various Chicago locations during the workday.
If interested and qualified, please send resume to email@example.com.