The Old Town School of Folk Music seeks an Arts Camp Coordinator to administer summer arts, dance, and fiddle camps for children and teens at our Lincoln Square campus. This position works closely with our Dance and Teen Program Managers and requires a limited time commitment for camp preparation, with a greater 40-hour per week obligation during the eight weeks that camps are running (roughly mid-June to mid-August.)
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of camp programs in the Filemaker system to include:
- Schedules rooms for camp classes and showcases.
- Manages computer program entries for scheduling, describing, canceling, and changing camp offerings.
- Works collaboratively with the Program Managers for Dance and Teens to design the themes and programming for the summer arts camps.
- Works collaboratively with the Program Managers for Dance and Teens to hire and train the summer camp staff. Supervises camp teachers, leaders, and counselors.
- Schedules, coordinates, and emcees camp program performances including: room reservations, lighting and sound technician, volunteers, booking classroom space for rehearsals.
- Assesses camp equipment, supplies, and materials and researches necessary purchases in consultation with the Director of Education.
- Works collaboratively with the marketing, customer service, and IT departments to promote camp programs. Manages registration for all summer arts camps including maintenance of waitlists, enrollment materials, and collection of fees.
- Researches and recommends new camps, intensives, and workshops to expand the current slate of offerings.
- At least two years prior experience leading similar camp programs is highly desired.
- Must be experienced working with children, teens, and parents.
- Expertise in the language and practice of music and dance required.
- Must be computer capable including Mac and/or PC skills, ideally with Filemaker experience.
- Must be an effective communicator in verbal, electronic, and written forms, and have experience working with diverse groups.
If interested and qualified, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.