Practice has never been more fun. Drop on in!
Join the circle where making music is all about community. Find a genre you want to explore and bring your voice or your instrument. You don't need to be a student, so feel free to bring friends and family even if they're not in classes at Old Town School.
The following jams are offered free of charge, but you are welcome to donate what you can if you enjoy the experience.
Great Americana Songbook Jam
Wednesdays, 12:00 – 2:00 PM in the Lobby at 4545 North Lincoln Avenue
All ages. Come sing and play. You can bring your lunch or grab a bite at our café!
Wednesdays, 8:30 – 9:30 PM in the Lobby at 4545 North Lincoln Avenue
Right after second half! Open to all instruments and voices.
Folk, Rock, and Roots Jam
Thursdays, 7:00 – 10:00 PM in the Lobby at 4545 North Lincoln Avenue
Come before class, after class, or even if you don't have class. It's rockin'!
The Saturday Jam (for All Ages)
Saturdays, 12:00 – 1:00 PM in the Concert Hall at 909 West Armitage Avenue
Jam with students and teachers from our Kids Music Program! All instruments, voices, and levels of players are welcome and encouraged. This jam is great for teaching and learning with folks of all ages. The Saturday Jam is a comfortable space for young folks discovering new instruments, songs, and styles. Come share your tunes, sing, and dance with us. Super fun! Even if you're not enrolled in class, come join us for music making.
The Second Half
All are welcome to join the core guitar classes each day of the week for a FREE, time-honored Old Town School tradition called the Second Half. Bring an instrument to play or your voices.
For half an hour, teachers and students play and sing songs from our Old Town School Songbook. Each week, a different teacher brings in two additional songs that we call the Twin Spin. The Twin Spin can include any music genre from pop or classic hits from the last 100 years.
- Monday Morning · 11:30 AM (4545 N. Lincoln)
- Monday Night · 9:30 PM (4544 N. Lincoln and 909 W. Armitage)
- Tuesday Night · 9:30 PM (4544 N. Lincoln and 909 W. Armitage)
- Wednesday Morning · 11:30 AM (4544 N. Lincoln Ave.)
- Wednesday Night · 7:30 and 9:30 PM (909 W. Armitage), 8:00 PM (4545 N. Lincoln)
- Thursday · No Second Half. Classes are invited to an open jam at 4545 N. Lincoln from 7:00 - 10:00 PM.
- Friday Morning · 11:30 AM (4544 N. Lincoln)
- Saturday Afternoon · 12:30 PM (4544 N. Lincoln)
- Sunday Afternoon · 1:30 PM (4544 N. Lincoln and 909 W. Armitage)