Health & Safety Measures
Updated: May 9, 2022
To our friends in the Old Town School community,
As the rest of Chicago and Illinois relaxes policies in regards to masking in public spaces, Old Town School of Folk Music will follow Chicago recommended guidelines beginning May 9, 2022. However, masks are still strongly recommended for our community and proof of vaccination or negative covid tests will remain in place. Some faculty members and specific classes will still have mask requirements in place, additional details are listed below.
It is essential that we continue to showcase the same community values of empathy and respect offered to performers on stage and fellow classmates as well as elsewhere on campus. Please consider continuing to wear masks on campus facilities to keep our community safe.
Please continue to stay up to date with vaccines and boosters and remember to stay home if you are experiencing illness or showing any signs of symptoms. For additional customer service assistance, please live chat on oldtownschool.org, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 773-728-6000.
Updated Policy: May 9, 2022
Additional details and some exceptions are listed below. This policy is subject to change.
- Masks are strongly recommended in all classrooms and common areas such as restrooms, lobbies, hallways and in our music store.
- While students under the age of 2 are not required to be masked, Wiggleworms parents, caregivers, and teachers are required to remain masked.
For concerts and events:
- Masks are strongly recommended in our concert halls for concert attendees who are not actively eating or drinking.
Vaccination Requirement Remains In Place
- In-Person Classes and Lessons:
- Proof of vaccination or negative COVID test (within 72 hours of entry) for all students ages 12 and older is required for entry.
- Concerts & In-Person Events:
- Proof of vaccination or negative COVID test (within 72 hours of entry) for all attendees is required for entry, regardless of age.
- We strongly encourage our entire community and their families to get vaccinated and boosted if able. Additional resources for vaccines are available at chicago.gov.
Those experiencing symptoms or illness:
- Attendees to in-person programming at Old Town School of Folk Music who are sick, experiencing symptoms, or have received a positive test result are asked to stay home.
- If you have tested positive for COVID and may have potentially exposed others while onsite or if you feel that you may have been exposed to COVID while onsite and have tested positive, please report that to Customer Service (email@example.com) as soon as possible for contact tracing purposes.
Thank you for your understanding and support while we navigate these uniquely challenging times. Your continued interest and participation in Old Town School programming is greatly appreciated.
This policy is subject to change. We are actively following guidance from city and state officials and will adjust policy due to increases in cases and/or changes to local, state or federal mandates. Additional updates available on our Health & Safety page.
Additional Safety Measures:
Together, In Tune, our social commitment to the well being of the School and its community. All students, teachers, staff, and faculty will work together to strike a healthy chord by:
- Staying home when sick and/or have received a positive COVID test result.
- Obeying proof of vaccination or negative COVID test policy.
- Obey physical distancing rules and other protocols at all times.
- Adhering to local safety guidelines and adjusting policy based on Old Town School community needs.
- Leave the School if experiencing any symptoms of illness during class.
- Quarantine when necessary.
- Layering safety measures, masking is recommended.
- Consider wearing masks in public spaces such as classrooms, hallways, and restrooms.
- Maintain a physical distance wherever possible.
- Class size limited and consistent (No drop-ins and no in-person makeups at this time. Please contact customer service about online makeup options.)
- For Wiggleworms, space is limited to two caregivers per registered child.
- For Kids Dance classes, two caregivers per registered child may accompany the child class.
- Caregivers must wait in the designated waiting area for the duration of the class.
- Frequent hand washing.
- Limited Campus Access -- our buildings will only be open for currently registered students, faculty, staff, and concert-goers (day-of show only prior to the concert start time). Students will be allowed access to their designated classroom immediately before and immediately after their scheduled classes. No practice rooms or other room reservations are available.
- The Old Town School Music Store is open to the public but has capacity limits and encourages keeping shopping times to 15 minutes or less. Rentals are available, but inventory is limited. Online ordering and curbside pickup will continue to be available.
- No food or drink is allowed. Dance students may bring a water bottle from home and may only remove masks to drink at designated times.
- Restrooms will be available immediately before, during, and immediately after scheduled classes.
- Intensified Facility Sanitation.
- Increased Ventilation – All buildings in our Lincoln Square and Lincoln Park campuses have been tested and have been adjusted to exceed CDC guidelines for ventilation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the acceptable forms of vaccination proof?
Your vaccination card or a clear and legible photocopy or picture on your phone will be accepted.
Are Masks Required?
Masks are not required for participants with some exceptions but masks are strongly recommended for all attendees, including staff, faculty, students.
Students ages 2-8 years old and younger will be required to wear masks in their classrooms along with their teachers. While students under the age of 2 are not required to be masked, Wiggleworms parents, caregivers, and teachers are required to remain masked.
Masks are strongly recommended in our concert halls for concert attendees who are not actively eating or drinking.
For classes, concerts, and events happening on campus prior to May 9, 2022:
Masks will continue to be required in public spaces, classrooms, and strongly recommended in our concert halls for concert attendees who are not actively eating or drinking.
Can I still attend classes or concerts with a negative COVID test?
Negative COVID tests within 72-hours of entry are acceptable for campus entry.
Where can I get the vaccine?
What if I lost my vaccination card?
If you did not receive the vaccine card or lost it, your first step is to contact your vaccination provider or location where you received your vaccination. If you cannot contact your provider, you can reach out to contact your state health department's immunization information system.
State health departments will either email or mail a copy of your vaccination card, although it may take one to two weeks.
Can I get a refund?
If you no longer wish to attend Old Town School in-person programming due to policy adjustments, please contact our Customer Service team at 773-728-6000 during business hours. Additionally live chat is available at oldtownschool.org, or you can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each concert has a specific refund and reschedule policy. Please refer to the email you receive when a show is rescheduled for deadlines to request a refund.
If you have purchased tickets to a concert that has been rescheduled, your tickets will automatically be transferred to the new date. If you are unable to attend the rescheduled date and would like a refund issued to your credit card, please email us at email@example.com. For security purposes, we do not store your credit card information.
If you have purchased tickets to a concert that has been canceled, your ticket purchase will be refunded automatically as a credit on your Old Town School account to be used for any future purchases at Old Town School. If you would like your refund issued to your credit card, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that each show has a unique refund date, deadline, and policy. Please refer to the email you receive about a cancellation.
We are here to help! Please contact our Customer Service team at 773-728-6000 during business hours. Additionally live chat is available at oldtownschool.org or you can contact us via email at email@example.com.
Is the Music Store open?
Yes, the Old Town School Music Store is open for business, rentals, and online shopping. In-person shopping is available for short 15 minute visits during business hours with capacity limits. Our Music Store staff is happy to answer questions during normal business hours at 773-751-3398. More details and online shopping available at musicstore.oldtownschool.org.
I don't have a government issued ID or my question isn't answered here.
We are happy to assist with your specific concerns. Please contact our Customer Service team at 773-728-6000 during business hours. Additionally live chat is available at oldtownschool.org, or you can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long is this policy in effect?
We'll update the policy as new guidance requires and circumstances permit.
This policy is subject to change.