Health & Safety Measures
Updated: September 22, 2022
To our friends in the Old Town School community,
As the the City of Chicago and the State relax policies with regards to masking in public spaces and vaccine compliance, Old Town School of Folk Music will continue to follow their recommendations. As of Session 5 (Mid-August, 2022), we will no longer require checks for vaccines and we will further relax our requirements for where and when people are required to wear masks. However, masks are still strongly recommended for our community as masking is considered to be the most effective way to prevent the spread of COVID. Some specific classes and individual faculty members will still require masking in the classroom, additional details are listed below.
It is essential that we continue to showcase the same community values of empathy and respect offered to performers on stage and fellow classmates as well as elsewhere on campus. Please consider continuing to wear masks on campus facilities to keep our community safe.
Please remember to stay home if you are experiencing illness or showing any signs of symptoms. For additional customer service assistance, please live chat on oldtownschool.org, email email@example.com or call 773-728-6000.
Updated Policy Beginning September 26, 2022
Additional details and some exceptions are listed below. This policy is subject to change.
- Masks are strongly recommended in all classrooms and common areas such as restrooms, lobbies, hallways and in our music store.
- Updated policy: Students ages 2-8 years old are no longer required to wear masks but are strongly recommended to do so.
- Some classes & workshops will have mask requirements due to faculty or artist requests. Students and ticket holders will be notified by email before the start of class.
For concerts and events:
- Masks are strongly recommended in our concert halls for concert attendees who are not actively eating or drinking.
Those experiencing symptoms or illness:
- Attendees to in-person programming at Old Town School of Folk Music who are sick, experiencing symptoms, or have received a positive test result are asked to stay home.
- If you have tested positive for COVID and may have potentially exposed others while onsite or if you feel that you may have been exposed to COVID while onsite and have tested positive, please report that to Customer Service (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible for contact tracing purposes.
Thank you for your understanding and support while we navigate these uniquely challenging times. Your continued interest and participation in Old Town School programming is greatly appreciated.
This policy is subject to change. We are actively following guidance from city and state officials and will adjust policy due to increases in cases and/or changes to local, state or federal mandates. Additional updates will be posted here on our Health & Safety page.
Additional Safety Measures:
Together, In Tune, our social commitment to the well being of the School and its community. All students, teachers, staff, and faculty will work together to strike a healthy chord by:
- Staying home when sick and/or have received a positive COVID test result.
- Adhering to local safety guidelines and adjusting policy based on Old Town School community needs.
- Check in for classes with the Site Manager on duty.
- Leave the School if experiencing any symptoms of illness during class.
- Quarantine when necessary.
- Layering safety measures, masking is recommended.
- Consider wearing masks in public spaces such as classrooms, hallways, and restrooms.
- Maintain a physical distance wherever possible.
- Class sizes may be limited
- For Wiggleworms, space is limited to two caregivers per registered child.
- For Kids Dance classes, two caregivers per registered child may accompany the child class.
- Limited Campus Access - building access is limited to currently registered students, faculty, staff, invitees, and concert-goers (day-of show only prior to the concert start time). Students may be allowed access to their designated classroom immediately before and immediately after their scheduled classes. Currently, no practice rooms or other room reservations are available.
- Guests are welcome to join end-of-session showcases and second half events.
- The Old Town School Music Store is open to the public but has capacity limits may be in place. Rentals are available, but inventory is limited. Online ordering and curbside pickup will continue to be available.
- No food is allowed in classrooms.
- Intensified Facility Sanitation.
- Increased Ventilation – All buildings in our Lincoln Square and Lincoln Park campuses have been tested and have been adjusted to exceed CDC guidelines for ventilation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Masks Required?
Masks are not required for participants with some exceptions but masks are strongly recommended for all attendees, including staff, faculty, and students.
Some classes & workshops will have mask requirements due to faculty or artist requests. Students and ticket holders will be notified by email before the start of class.
Where can I get the vaccine or a booster?
Can I get a refund?
If you no longer wish to attend Old Town School in-person programming due to policy adjustments, please contact our Customer Service team at 773-728-6000 during business hours. Additionally live chat is available at oldtownschool.org, or you can contact us via email at email@example.com.
Each concert has a specific refund and reschedule policy. Please refer to the email you receive when a show is rescheduled for deadlines to request a refund. For additional information and support about specific concerts, please visit our Concert Venue & Policy page or contact our Customer Service team at 773-728-6000 during business hours. Additionally live chat is available at oldtownschool.org or you can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is the Music Store open?
Yes, the Old Town School Music Store is open for business, rentals, and online shopping. In-person shopping is available during business hours and capacity limits may be in place. Our Music Store staff is happy to answer questions during normal business hours at 773-751-3398. More details and online shopping available at musicstore.oldtownschool.org.
My question isn't answered here.
We are happy to assist with your specific concerns. Please contact our Customer Service team at 773-728-6000 during business hours. Additionally live chat is available at oldtownschool.org, or you can contact us via email at email@example.com.
How long is this policy in effect?
We'll update the policy as new guidance requires and circumstances permit.
This policy is subject to change.