Health & Safety Measures
Updated: January 14, 2021
We are planning on holding a small number of in-person classes beginning February, as long as Illinois has moved out of Tier 3. While we are excited to make music together in person again, we take the health and safety of our community very seriously. Our initial roll out of in-person classes will be very small. Most classes will take place on the first floor our newest building at 4545 N. Lincoln Ave. Dance classes and some Adult Group classes will take place in Szold Hall, our 2100 sq ft multi-purpose performance space and classroom. We will mitigate infection risk by:
- "Together, In Tune" - As a social commitment to the well being of the School and its community, all students, teachers, staff, and faculty will work together to strike a healthy chord by:
- Staying home when sick
- Obey physical distancing rules and other protocols at all times
- Wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth at all times (except children under 2 years of age)
- Report exposure you have had to a person who is COVID-19 positive to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) directives following close contact to COVID-19 active cases
- Adhering to local safety guidelines
- Complete the self-health check before coming to the School
- Leave the school if experiencing any symptoms of illness during class
- Quarantine when necessary
- Layering safety measures
- Mask wearing at all times (except children under 2 years of age)
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet
- Class size limited to groups of 10 and under and are consistent (no drop-ins)
- For Wiggleworms, space is limited to one caregiver per registered child.
- For Kids Dance classes, one caregiver per registered child may accompany the child to class. Caregivers must wait in the designated waiting area for the duration of the class.
- Frequent hand washing
- Closed Campus -- our buildings will only be open for currently registered students, faculty, and staff. Students will be allowed access to their designated classroom immediately before and immediately after their scheduled classes. No practice rooms or other room reservations are available.
- No food or drink is allowed. Dance students may bring a water bottle from home and may only remove masks to drink at designated times.
- Restrooms will be available immediately before, during, and immediately after scheduled classes.
- All students will be screened upon arrival (will need to show proof of self-health check completion)
- Intensified Facility Sanitation
- Increased Ventilation (all buildings have been tested and have been adjusted to exceed CDC guidelines for ventilation)