Celebrating 60 Years
Saturday, December 16, 2017 ♦ 8:00 PM
4544 N Lincoln Ave · Gary and Laura Maurer Concert Hall · 773.728.6000
Marty Stuart released Way Out West on Superlatone earlier this year. The album was conceived as a love letter to the promised land of California by one of Country music's living legends, who has played with everyone from Johnny Cash to Lester Flatt. NPR Music proclaims: “Way Out West is Marty Stuart's album-length paean to the myth and magic of the American West. It finds country's stalwart neo-traditionalist turning cosmic cowboy for a journey through the Joshua trees, shadowy canyons and desert dreams that tantalize travelers with the promise of a golden shore on the other side.”
Produced by Mike Campbell (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers), and featuring the Fabulous Superlatives —guitarist Kenny Vaughan, drummer Harry Stinson and new member, bassist Chris Scruggs– Marty's longtime band, which NPR Music said could “melt your heart with four-part harmonies, rock your bones with honky tonk, and dazzle you with picking worthy of their name,” Way Out West is a cinematic tour-de-force.
Marty Stuart is a five time GRAMMY-winner, platinum recording artist, Lifetime Achievement Award recipient from the Americana Music Association, Grand Ole Opry star, country music archivist, photographer, musician, and songwriter. Since starting out singing gospel as a child, Stuart has spent over four decades celebrating American roots music. His teenage years on tour with bluegrass legend Lester Flatt in the '70s were followed by six years in Johnny Cash's band in the '80s, and a chart-topping tenure as a solo artist in the '90s. Stuart hosts a Late Night Jam at The Ryman, a yearly tradition which kicks off the CMA Music Festival, with recent guests including Dolly Parton, Jerry Lee Lewis, Neko Case, Eric Church, Chris Stapleton, Maren Morris, Dan Auerbach and many more.
· One (1) premium seat for the concert
· Admission to private pre-show event in the venue, featuring a two song performance by Marty and the Superlatives and question & answer / story telling session with Marty and the band.
· One commemorative, limited edition show poster and one VIP laminate and lanyard
· Individual photo opportunity taken on stage with Marty and band, using tour photographer
· Autograph session with Marty and band (one item limit due to timing restrictions)
· Crowd-free merchandise shopping