An Old Town School Arts & Community Wellness Initiative
Our Mission: Placing artistic practice firmly at the center of community wellness
About Music Moves
Music Moves Chicago (MMC) is a place-based, youth-focused, intergenerational initiative that aims to inspire, restore, and transform communities by providing access to high quality arts education, concerts, and workforce readiness through partnerships with community organizations, schools, and other institutions located in South and West side neighborhoods.
Goals & Objectives
- To provide arts-based classes, workshops, learning experiences and performances in Chicago communities with the greatest need.
- Build the capacity of teaching artists to teach in the framework of trauma and community action.
- Mentor and train the next generation of arts and wellness leaders, Arts Activators, in artistic practice with trauma-informed pedagogical framework.
- Apply best arts and healing practices, including developing new curricular frameworks with specific intention of healing individuals and communities.
- Mentor organizations that desire arts and healing practice in their programs, thereby building capacity to sustainably provide for their constituents.
- Develop a research framework that continually investigates practice and leads the arts and wellness field.
- Produce an annual Institute that provides training, networking and visibility opportunities.
Last Updated March 2023:
The Beat Bank
Black Banjo Reclamation Project
Bryn Mawr Community Church
Catalyst Circle Rock Charter School
Chicago Art Department
Chicago Park District
Chicago Torture Justice Center
Children’s Home & Aid
Cook County Juvenilve Temporary Detention Center (JTDC)
DuSable Black History Museum and Education Center
Front Porch Arts Center
Garfield Park Conservatory
Grow Greater Englewood
The Honeycomb Network
Imagine Englewood if
Kehrein Center for the Arts
Let Us Breathe Collective
Sweet Water Foundation
Walter Dyett High School for the Arts