This class is not currently being offered in our catalog.
‘”Flamenco rhythms can’t be copied, but they can be refined.”
In this master class, Miguel Reyes JIMÉNEZ will introduce his third educational book ‘Flamenco Tools II’, a compendium of lessons and exercises devised from over 20 years of teaching. With practical cajon and flamenco clapping examples as well as duo demonstrations in collaboration with Kati Golenko (American flamenco guitarist based in Madrid, Spain) this class is aimed at percussionists, drummers, and musicians who want to improve the way they feel and play flamenco rhythms.
1. Position your hands correctly on the cajon and while hand-clapping flamenco rhythms, focusing on:
a. Improving the quality of the tone and sound
b. Aiming for fluency
c. Improving the accentuation of flamenco rhythms/ styles
2. Understand the keys to improving your inner sense of rhythm for flamenco
3. Learn to program a digital metronome to study flamenco
4. Improve your ‘soniquete’ or ‘flamenco groove’ through the polyrhythmic richness of flamenco
5. Develop and apply common drum studies/exercises to the cajon using the 'Flamenco Tools' method
With two published flamenco books, and currently releasing his third book, ‘Flamenco Tools II’, Miguel Reyes Jiménez is an international maestro of flamenco rhythms. Over the past 20 years, Miguel has had the privilege of teaching flamenco rhythms at the Casa Patas Foundation, Amor de Dios Flamenco Academy, and other cultural centers in Madrid, Spain. Additionally, Miguel is the artistic producer and director of his own flamenco company having created more than nine original shows. As a composer and writer he belongs to the Spanish Society of Authors and Publishers (Spanish abbreviation- SGAE) and is also responsible for the flamenco department at Alborada Musical Events.