StoryCorps & Old Town School
Sample Questions to Help You Get Started
- How did you originally become involved with the Old Town School of Folk Music?
- For students: What classes and instruments did you study at the Old Town School?
- For teachers: What classes and instruments did you teach at the Old Town School?
- For teachers: What are you most proud of as a teacher? Why does it make you feel proud?
- Why did you start coming to classes or concerts at Old Town School?
- Was there a particular teacher who had a big influence on you? What are some of the most
important lessons that person taught you?
- Tell me about some favorite stories from your time at the Old Town School.
- How has the Old Town School influenced your life? Tell me about any particular people who
influenced you, either personally or professionally. Share examples of how they impacted you.
- Turn the tables: Tell the person you’re interviewing what they’ve meant to you.
Email the Resource Center for more information or to schedule an interview for this ongoing project.